Reference number
  • L/013
Level
  • Collection
Date(s)
  • Date Unknown, earliest possible date 1936.
Extent and medium
  • 1 Envelope
Description
  • Booklet containing a short description of the architectural history of the church from before 1066 to 1936.
Administrative history
  • St Nicholas Church, situated on Holy Bones beside Jewry Wall, is an Anglican Parish Church, and is considered the oldest place of worship in Leicester. The Church was partly built out of Roman material taken from ruins, while other sections are Norman. It was extensively renovated in the 1870s. This leaflet was produced at the request of the Vicar and wardens as a guide for visitors to the church.
Access status
  • Open
Conditions governing access
  • Open for general access. External researchers are advised to make an appointment with the archivist.
Conditions governing reproduction
  • Material may be copied for research purposes only, subject to copyright regulations and the condition of the material.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
  • Item is in good condition.
Archivist's note
  • Catalogued by Gursharan Hayre, Graduate Champion, January 2018